Pallet Distribution for the Wholesale Sector
As a large wholesale company you need to ensure that your fleet is fully functional so you’ll always need backup from a company like C&D South West.
If you are a small company either providing the wholesale sector or a small wholesale company in your own right then we can provide an ongoing professional service to help you meet your wholesale distribution needs.
Of course we fully understand that you will have your own delivery arrangements but now with our network being one the largest in the UK you’ll understand why some companies are migrating to us for their wholesale distribution needs.
Why Should I Prepare My Pallet Correctly?
Depending on the type of journey your pallet needs to take to reach its destination, your pallet may be trans-shipped (placed off one truck and on to another, etc.) a few times. Of course at C&D we pride ourselves on reducing trans-shipment.
During the trans-shipment process damage may occur, and though incredibly rare, when it does occur it is often due to inadequate packaging and preparation. So preparing your goods for pickup and delivery can keep your customer happy.
- Always use a pallet that is strong in construction and suitable for the type of goods you wish to carry on it.
- If need a tail-lift truck at either pickup or delivery points encure you use a pallet that is accessible on all 4 sides so any trolley trucks can be used.
- Do not use pallets that missing boards or chocks
Make sure your boxes or goods do not overlap the base of the pallet
The objective of pallet packaging is to secure the goods to the pallet base and safeguard any goods.
- Firstly ensure that boxes or goods are not overhanging the pallet base.
- Make sure that heavier boxes are packed at the bottom then use cardboard sheets between each layer to avoid movement during transit.
- Shrink wrap the pallet and goods together using either basic film wrap, heat shrink wrap or banded with strapping.
- You may wish to put a cardboard or bubble wrap layer around the whole pallet before wrapping if you believe extra protection is needed.
- If your pallet needs to stand out at delivery point stick a large A4 branded stickers on to further promote your brand quality packaging services.
- If you are using liquid pallets for transportation ensure you check each one for breakages or joint fractures every six months.
- Label the pallet (speak to our team for advice on what you should provide) and check the consignment description.
What We Can Take For Wholesale Pallet Distribution
Though the list is almost endless we can carry almost all forms of goods relating to Wholesale Pallet Distribution and more! Including raw goods, part and fully manufactured goods, ambient food and drink, plants, clothing, liquid pallets, posts and polls and much, much more.