Our Latest Fleet Additions!
Delivering a quality, professional service is a core part of our being at C&D and the equipment that we use plays a vital role, particularly as we approach the transport industry’s busiest season.
As a leading logistics company we’re proud of our fleet an are pleased to welcome two new additions to the C&D family; a brand new Mitsubishi FD20CN Forklift Supplied by our friends at Bristol Forklifts, and a special edition Mirrorless Mercedes Actros 2548 Tractor Unit, supplied by Intercounty Truck & Van.
Efficiency is key to the success of our operation here at C&D, but safety of both our workforce and our customers is of paramount importance too. With this in mind our new Forklift features…
- LED Headlights– An efficient and safe way to improve visibility when required.
- Audible Over Speed Alarm– The forklifts are speed limited and when this speed is exceeded an alarm is activated to ensure safety to our employees & visitors on site.
- Lower Noise in Operation– To ensure safety of our operators and reduce noise levels to our neighbours and wider community.
- PIN Code Access– To ensure safety and security and preventing any unauthorised usage of the truck.
- Class Leading Fuel Economy– To reduce carbon footprint and fuel costs.
- Sealed Underside and Wheel Arches– To improve safety by reducing the ingress of shrink wrap.
The Mercedes Actros MirrorCam 2548 is C&D’s third mirrorless vehicle on our fleet and we’re incredibly proud to have this special edition truck, new for 2020. If you have ever taken a spin in this awesome piece of machinery, it comes as no surprises that the new Mercedes Actros Trucks are industry leading in terms of their safety and efficiency and have been named the “International Truck of The Year 2020”.
In place of the conventional rear-view mirror, the new Actros is fitted with the innovative, aerodynamically sophisticated MirrorCam. This saves fuel and offers improved visibility to the rear and in the area of the A-pillar. Some of the ground-breaking features making this truck of the year include:
- Innovative Safety Systems– It can perform emergency braking when approaching stationary and moving objects and perform partial or full braking for moving pedestrians in certain conditions up to a vehicle speed of 50 km/h – improving safety for our drivers and other road users.
- MirrorCam Technology – Shifting away from conventional mirrors for improved visibility and even greater safety.
- Economical – The new Actros stands for reliable, fuel-saving vehicle technology, lower costs and greater efficiency.
- Reliability – Robust design and production at Mercedes-Benz with an emphasis on durability.
A new truck deserves a matching new look and we’ve liveried the unit with a unique interpretation of the C&D brand identity. Not only that, we’ve added a cherished plate in recognition of the fact that we’re Depot 6 and a founding member of Palletforce Ltd.
- The Special Registration D6 CND, noticeable and bang on-brand.
- The Union Jack demonstrating our commitment to help local businesses to bounce back, and in support of the UK economy’s recovery.
- Our tractor unit tagged with the message ‘In memory of WAG’, in recognition of and dedicated to Charles Hammond, the founder of C&D. We’re proud to shout out about the fact that we’re still a family business and have been since 1987!
Keep an eye out for this one of a kind and our ‘King of the Road’ when you’re out and about.
A special thank you goes out to the team at Carly Press in Wellington for doing a spectacular job on the design and signwriting our new pride of the fleet.
#DeliverLoadsOfQuality #Investment #NewFleet #MercedesActros #Truck #Forklift #CDSW #BristolForklifts #Transport